Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hokie License Plate Addiction, Possible 4/16 Vanity

I'll admit it, the state of Virginia alone has an extreme obsession with personalized license plates, but then you take a short stroll around the commuter lot at Prices Fork or take a drive around Northern Virginia and the amount of personalized VT license plates that exist is absolutely astonishing. It's just one more way to show school pride and I'm actually embarassed to say I don't own one.

Click here to view the "Hokie Vanity License Plate" site. Also home of the Hokie License Plate Collage Photo.

I am however interested in the progress of a vanity plate designed specifically for the victims of April 16th. The Virginia Tech Victims Family Outreach Foundation is petitioning for the new vanity plate to be added to the list.

The Foundation, "is hoping to collect 350 prepaid applications for the specialty plate. Thos registrations will allow the foundation to petition the legislature to approve a bill approving the memorial license plate." Read more in this article from the Roanoke Times.

I think I'll go order my personalized plate now...I wonder what's still out there? I mean there's only so many ways you can spell Hokie with 7 letters and numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment